Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pass On the Knowledge

Write a short  “Did You Know?” informational post that describes what resources are available in Ontario and at their district. This post will provide information for others (students parents, teachers on how to access these resources).


Honestly, since I myself have not had my own classroom yet, nor has the area of technology been my forte, I really feel like I do not have a lot of information to offer on this topic. That is one of the reasons I wanted to take a course in information and computer technology because I want to be connected to more resources.
I am trying to rack my brain as to what teachers use at my school...and I have come up with one link to other resources, and one program we use:


  1. The one resource I know a lot of you may use for other areas of life, but it is also chalk full of resources and ideas for teaching, is Pinterest. I know this is a simple solution (and some of you may already use it), but it works, and a lot of staff at our school use it to connect them to other resources. It has classroom design ideas, teaching tools and resources, etc. Pinterest and Twitter were two accounts my placement teachers told me were “must haves” for staying connected.
  2. Fast ForWord is a computer program we use at JKCS for Grades 1-4. It is a program designed by Scientific Learning that they have described as, “A radically different online reading intervention that targets foundational phonemic awareness, language, memory, attention, processing and sequencing skills.” It can be used for gifted students who would like to challenge themselves and advance these skills, or for students who need extra support. It can be used on a PC or an Apple product, and it can be used at home or at school. Students from our school love this program because it helps them master the skills listed above through games. It also has a ton of resources and support for instructors facilitating the program, including webinars and videos for training in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment